Don Bosco Central School, Puthuppally aims at the all-round development of the pupils and gives importance to the formation of habits of discipline, independent learning and inculcation of values, so as to make the students worthy citizens of the country.
- The School day commences with a prayer or the Morning Assembly and students /teachers must be on time for it. Students shall walk to and from the assembly hall in silence.
- It is compulsory for every student to be present on the closing and re-opening day of the school after every vacation. The only exception to the above rule will be ill health of the student in question, in which case it should be notified to the Class Teacher within two days.
- Every student must possess an identity card issued by the school.
- Every student must have a copy of the School Diary which must be brought to school every day. Losing a school diary is a serious fault.
- No remarks written in the diary can be cancelled by anyone other than the Principal.
- General Remarks in the School Diary are given for serious breach of discipline and hence can be taken into consideration as a deterrent to promotion.
- Pupils who have been absent from class must have the reason entered in the regularity record stating briefly the cause of absence. The statement must be written and signed by Parent/Guardian. Students who are absent for more than 2 days, shall get the Signature of the Principal in the School Diary.
- Students who are absent during Examination days (any ill health or any other genuine reason) should get the prior permission from the Class Teacher and retests will be scheduled for those students. But those students will not be eligible to receive the medals of A1 Holders in all subjects.
- Late arrival to school is a breach of discipline. A student who comes late to school must enter the date and time of arrival in the Regularity Record under ‘Late Attendance’.
- It is mandatory for a student to attend the school on days marked ‘Attendance Compulsory’.
- Pupils are not allowed to leave the school without the permission of the Principal, who will require a written request from the parents. No one other than the parents or persons authorized by them may take the child out of the school. When permission is given, by the Principal, it shall be entered in the School diary under ‘Leave during School hours’ by the Class Teacher, and get it signed by the Principal.
- Irregular attendance, habitual idleness, disobedience or pupils whose conduct in and out of the school premises is injurious to the moral climate of the school or incompatible with strict discipline will be dealt with sternly. In particular stealing and resorting to unfair means during tests and examinations will not be tolerated.
- Students should come to school in full uniform. They must look clean and tidy. Whenever the complete or correct uniform cannot be worn, permission to attend school must be obtained on the Regularity Record under ‘Without Full Uniform ’.
- Hair colouring, using styling gel and fashionable hair cuts are not allowed in school.
- All should speak in English in the school premises.
- Every student should be diligent in carrying out the home works and other assignment that are given to them.
- Every student attending school is obliged to take part in the co-curricular activities organised by the school.
- Students are responsible for the safe custody of their own books and belongings. Each article should be marked with the student’s name.
- Students should not bring valuable articles to the school. No cell phones, cameras, walkman, transistor radio, watches with alarm, Pen drives, CDs & DVDs and other similar fancy items shall be brought to the school
- During the transition periods or when going from class room to the AV Room, when going to the Play ground during PT Period, going to the Library, etc silence must be observed.
- Students are to address their teachers and all members of the School Staff with due respect and politeness. Arrogant and challenging behaviour towards teaching or non-teaching staff is forbidden.
- On their way to and from school, students must behave in a disciplined manner.
- Don Bosco students should also be polite among themselves, speaking gently to one another and behaving at all times in a friendly and loving manner.
- Any damage to school property, it is to be replaced by the student / students involved.
Life is a classroom, where-in we live to experiment and learn through the experiences we go-through whether they are positive or negative.
Experiences come in different forms like mistake, stumbles, failures, hardships, hurts, disappointments and also in the form of examples.
These marvellous things called experiences are never limited or complete. These immense sensibilities which are full of commonsense, when combined with the education they make our knowledge complete. Experiences of life are practical teachings that add value to our life.
At Don Bosco Central School, we value every experience; find meaning in them, as each one of them, has a lesson to teach and use them wisely.